We are almost a quarter of the way through 2014 but does it feel any different from 2013? Have there been any game changers? Some would say yes and some would say no. In a blink of an eye change can happen. Scott Gerber – serial entrepreneur, author and TV commentator shared nine successful entrepreneurs’ predictions on 9 Ways Social Media Marketing Will Change in 2014.
So here it is, 9 Ways Social Media Marketing Will Change in 2014:
- Graphic software will rise.
- Social won’t be used for sales.
- Automation will explode.
- LinkedIn will become the most important publisher.
- Content will be bigger to stand out.
- Social will need to stand out.
- Social media campaign will have to be paid.
- Interactive content will trump static content.
- Google+ will merge into the social scene.
Take it or leave it, predictions are subjective but these cream of the crop professional provide some great insight in to what we can expect to happen with social media marketing in 2014. As a creative service and marketing profession, I find great value in these predictions. There are a lot of people in this world who have a lot to say about a lot of things and trying to filter out all that noise can be a challenge. Regardless of what predictions you agree with when it comes to marketing and social media for that matter, you always need to have your ear to the ground and work towards your own objectives and goals, not somebody else’s.