Oh, greek life. The home that you choose with a bunch of strangers who you learn to call family. Portraying your sorority as an organization with strong values, competent alumni and a positive overall image can be difficult. It is hard to avoid sorority girls on social media, they have mastered the perfect angle, Pinterest pose and lighting to even think about posting a photo.
I currently run the the social media for my sorority, here are some tricks and tips that I use that help us showcase our overall image as kind, passionate and unique.
Whether you’re posting on Facebook, Instagram or updating your website, ensuring that your posting schedule is consistent is important. It reminds people that your organization is active and engaged in the community around campuses and in the city.
Pay to Promote
Engagements on your posts can substantially grow by just $10 being thrown into a Facebook or Instagram post. This is especially important for reach during the recruitment period of the sorority. Ensuring that your payed promotions are targeted and visually pleasing can gain you your future sisters.
Instagram is the place to be
It is all about the feed and the visual appeal of your colour scheme and tone. If you have mix matched photos, you are not going to have a massive amount of visitors to your page.
Without a doubt, in Ottawa greek life the majority of connections that are made are through Instagram. Ensuring that you’re commenting on fraternities social media posts is essential to the relevance of your organization. A simple “congratulations!” for a successful philanthropy event could be the first step to your next mixer.
What to Highlight
- Each of your sisters are successful and smart in their own way. Ensuring that you highlight their accomplishments whether it be academic, career wise or other, showcasing the best of your organization will help you recruit.
- Impress the world with your philanthropy efforts. Not only is it a good thing to promote how much money you’ve raised at certain events, but it also helps break down stereotypes that all sororities do is party.
- Your New Member class can define you. The pledges in your organization are an image of your future as an organization. Ensuring that you show the size of the pledge class and highlight their skills is important.
- Sisterhood, sisterhood, sisterhood. Show the world what is so great about your organization by allowing girls to answer questions about the organization or make short videos about what is so great about being a part of the organization.
- Posting about your events dictates your relevance on campus. Ensuring that in every Facebook group, your event graphics are shared and spread is important.
Those are my favourite tips to making sure your sorority is on their social media game! What kind of tips do you use to promote an organization that you’re a part of?
Facebook: Looking to boost the reputation of your Greek organization on campus? Social Media can bring a whole new reputation to your letters! Check out my tips for successful marketing here:
Twitter: It can be hard to navigate what a greek organization is all about, their social media can help you discover the best of any organization! Read about it here: