For this week, I chose to my blog on Facebook VS Twitter, because both are social media tools that we use whether it is for business or personal use. However this comparison would generally be for someone that doesn’t use social media or believes that certain social media can be of dangerous in terms of privacy.
It seems that the line that separates business from personal is becoming blurred by how it is being used.
– Facebook is a social networking site used to connect people and was launched in 2004
– Facebook has important features, such as: Friends, Fan Pages, the wall, Photos, Status updates and many more…
– Founded by Mark Zuckerberg
– Has the ability to Private Message other users
– Advertising in the form of banner ads
– Require to register
– Currently has 1.15 billion users as of September 2013
– Current estimated value is @ $ 104 billion
– Twitter is basically like Facebook, in that its a social networking site that used to connecting people around the world. It was launched in 2006. And its about get your thought out within 140 characters
– Twitter post are known as “Tweets”
– Twitter has important features such as: Direct Messaging, Follow people, Trending topics, Photos, Link, Retweet and many more…
– Founded by Jack Dorsey
– Advertising in form of promotional tweets
– Require to register to use twitter
– Has over 500 million users and counting
– Current estimated value is @ $ 10 Billion
After comparing both Facebook and Twitter, I found that both social media sites can be used for business, but that Twitter would probably be the better of two because you can target people much more easily by simply doing a promotional tweet or get your product or service to trend….for example:
Bell Let’s Talk initiative – a way of talking to someone and for away to stop bullying, it had a more successful run on Twitter than it had on Facebook.
I also noticed that I have friends that use both Facebook and Twitter, but ultimately they use twitter more because they can get their message across much more efficiently. For example based on the number of post made by a friend on twitter was @ 3,450 as of 4:30 PM, however he had Facebook longer than me and has about 50-60 post on Facebook.
However, there is opposite side to this argument which is that Facebook is more appropriate for business or personal use, but I will get into that on a later date.
Source: http://www.diffen.com/difference/Facebook_vs_Twitter – There are few other components that is used to make the comparison of Facebook VS Twitter that has not been written here. Go ahead check it out!
– Saber Nawaz ( COMM0011-521: Introduction to Social Media)