Today’s world is stressful, so how do you try to balance yourself and keep you feeling grounded. How can you settle your mind and body?
One great, beneficial way to do this is thru meditation or mindfulness. It’s something so useful, can be done anywhere and it’s free!
What is meditation? A good definition of meditation is found on the Freedom Genesis website. “In a nutshell, meditation is simply relaxing and becoming present in the moment.“
Meditation can help you in so many ways, including:
- Making you happier
- Help you manage anxiety, stress and depression
- Almost immediate benefits
- Help you fall asleep
- Sharpen your memory (https://mindworks.org/blog/why-is-meditation-important-facts-you-need-to-know/)
There are many ways to practice meditation, as outlined on the Freedom Genesis blog. A few examples they review on the site are:
- Breathing meditation
- Mindfulness meditation
- Walking meditation
- Mantra meditation (TM Meditation)
- Concentration medication
It’s so great to know there are multiple ways to meditate! You can find a method or two that works for you. My personal favorites are breathing meditation and walking meditation. I love the quietness of listening to my breathing and calming my body & mind. Sometimes I will turn on some Tibetan singing bowls and listen to them quietly also. I also love the quietness of taking a walk … especially in a quiet area, surrounded by nature. (For me, both of these mean without headphones!)
Let me know if you meditate. What is your favorite meditation method?
Social media posts:
Facebook post: Settle your mind and body. Learn an easy method to calm yourself quickly: https://algonquincollegesocialmedia.wordpress.com/?p=97472
Twitter post: Settle your mind and body. Learn an easy method to calm yourself quickly: https://bit.ly/33yDC8U
- “The Importance of Meditation And How it Can Improve Your Life.” Freedom Genesis. (https://freedomgenesis.com/importance-meditation/)
- “Why is Meditation Important? 6 Facts You Need to Know.” Mindworks. (https://mindworks.org/blog/why-is-meditation-important-facts-you-need-to-know/)
- Walton, Alice. “7 Ways Meditation Can Actually Change The Brain.” Forbes. Feb 9, 2015 (https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2015/02/09/7-ways-meditation-can-actually-change-the-brain/#191b263c1465)