When posting something online, the number one reason why is to have it noticed by as many people as possible. If you don’t want it to be noticed, then… why would you be posting it? If it doesn’t get viewed, nothing else will become of it, so if it wasn’t your initial goal, you should fix that. Now that that’s all fine and good, you might be asking “how do I make a post visible to the majority of people?” Well that’s something that doesn’t have many concrete solutions, but let’s see what we can point out.
Make It More Attractive And Interesting!
Diamonds in the rough are everywhere, with just a bit of polish, they could shine. Diamonds? Where?! I don’t mean the gem but that kind of thought could cross anyone’s mind when reading a dull blog. People make their initial assessment of anything a lasting one. If something doesn’t look good, whatever it says or does ends up losing it’s value or is even ignored. Shallow, I know right? But that’s just the way it is.
There are many blogs that discuss how to make a great blog, making it attractive and interesting I think are the major points to cover. Some of the main things these blogs mention are:
- Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Clean Up! – I personally find this one important and hard to do. Going back to clean up your blog and find repetition is difficult. This Blog and This Blog Too put it as it’s first point as well, though it wasn’t the only blog to mention it.
- Grow Your Blog – Email Opt-In Forms Placements are talked about being used as well as Social Media buttons. This Blog puts it as the number one priority, which I think is understandable. In order to have a successful blog, you need to have a following. By having these options, you can be more interactive with your audience, and who doesn’t appreciate that?
- Pretty It Up! – An attractive blog can’t be attractive without the care in it’s design. What I mean is, a blog with just words, the usual font, and no personality is a bad idea. This Blog puts this as it’s number one point, no doubt as to why, because who wants to read a bland looking blog? Not me at least. Image wise, This Blog focuses on it and other blogs talk about it some too. This Blog helps you find royalty free pics as well to help you stay safe from any issues.
- No Ads Please?! – Of course, you might need to have some, but almost every blog mentions to have little to (preferably) no advertisements. Personally, I find ads only annoying if they are in your face. Having them to the sides or at the end of the blog would probably be the best course of action. Everyone does have their preference though, be prepared to not please everyone.
- You Need More Focus! – I for one find myself having to backspace so often, because I end up going on tangents that no one wants to hear. It’s easy to lose sight on what exactly your talking about when writing if you have a mind that puts your thoughts into your typing as you type (unconsciously). This Blog puts this as it’s first two points, though each is a bit more specific. This Blog puts it as it’s first point as well, making this a good thing to remember to do.
There are a few more points, but these 5 are the ones I chose as the most needed.
Did This Help You?
I hope I was able to help you out. This is my first blog as well so I thought it’d be a good idea to research what I needed to do for my first and future blogs. Do you disagree with my choices? Let me know in the comments below! Hope you have a wonderful day/night!
Need help with your blog? Take a look at this post now!
Blog hard to start? Check this post out! #blog