Before going into battle, it is important to have a game plan. My present strategy for developing my professional networking online and in person is as follows:
- Consistently updating Twitter, Facebook, Blog, Instagram with content.
- Allowing my personality to show.
- Connecting with & following influencers.
- Monitoring similar accounts to see what they’re doing.
- Meeting up with those of a similar brand.
- Reaching out to influencers and creating a connection.
- Attending meet-ups.
Over the next 6-12 months, to continue to develop my networks, I plan on attending local blogger/vlogger meet-ups. As well in the spring, there is a social media conference in Toronto that I would like to attend. Also, continuing with research and keeping up with online trends. As well as connecting with those who are influencers in the community and learning from them. Bottom line is that networking is crucial in any industry and is a definite must!