Defining a target audience for a business is a very important factor that can make a company successful. There are several factors and demographics a business must take into account when researching and developing their target audience, including gender, age, education, income, and more. All of these aspects will guide businesses in the right direction for creating a strong social media and marketing plan.
Classic Tile + Stone is a natural stone supplier and installer in the Ottawa and surrounding area. Classic does both residential and commercial stone jobs, including kitchens, bathrooms, floor work, lobbies, outdoor kitchens, pools, and more. That being said, their target audience consists of two core streams: business to consumer (B2C) and business to business (B2B).
Some characteristics of Classic Tile + Stone’s target consumers are:
• Male or females aged 35 to 55, usually families or couples
• Have been through post secondary education and have a decent/well paying job
• Middle class or higher income level
• Average willing to pay per job is $4,000 to $8,000
• Lives in the Ottawa and surrounding area
Some characteristics of Classic Tile + Stone’s target businesses are:
• Interior design or home building companies
• Looking for stone for one or more jobs
• Average job costing $18,000 to $30,000
• Based in the Ottawa and surrounding area
Applying these characteristics to a social media and marketing plan would greatly increase traffic for Classic Tile + Stone. So far they have found success using Twitter as a communication tool. By showcasing recent work they have completed and staying active in design news and questions on their Twitter page, Classic has been able to gain a decent following from both markets. Another social media tool they could use is Pinterest. This idea board medium is great for attracting attention from local designers and women looking for design trends, as well as showcase all the beautiful jobs they have completed.