An unexpected application that I recently discovered was Canva. Canva markets itself as a tool that makes design simple for everyone. I was always amazed at how easily some people can come up with beautiful and professional looking images and designs. Canva is the perfect design application for someone like me. It is simple to use but the results are rich and beautiful.
Also, with visual marketing being one of the biggest social media trends this year, Canva is becoming increasingly popular.
I created the above image simply and quickly on Canva. The following are some of the great features of this application:
- Canva gives you everything you need to be able to create online or print marketing collateral, blog graphics, presentations, Facebook covers, invitations and more.
- It is online and free to use.
- It has a search and drag simplicity to create beautiful designs.
- It offers the option to upload your own images or graphics and easy photo editing.
- It has a library of more than 1 million images and hundreds of fonts.
- It saves your work as you go so you don’t have to worry about losing any of it.
Before I discovered Canva I was solely using PicMonkey for my image design needs. However, Canva is extremely inviting and the creative opportunities are so many that it has become my go to design application.
Image: created on Canva with my own pictures